I don’t know about you ladies and gents, but this semester was CRAZY for me (I have a feeling it was probably crazy for you, too).
Crazy hard, crazy stressful, crazy eventful.
There were nights this semester when I would crawl up my loft at an ungodly hour, snuggle up in my bed, and realize that I hadn’t stopped to “just be” the entire day. Between running to classes, meetings, work, and a quick bite at the dining hall, I felt like I was constantly on the go. I’ve always been a homebody, an introvert. I don’t like being crazy busy because I feel like I don’t have time for the important things in life; in this way, this semester challenged me and pushed me out of my comfort zone. I had to learn how to maintain my relationships and my schoolwork without neglecting one or the other or both. There were moments throughout the semester when I would pause writing a paper or typing a Spanish phrase into Google Translate, and think “Am I doing this right? Should I be pushing myself this hard?” I still haven’t found the answer to that lingering question. For now, “It’s all a balance and it’ll all be worth it one day” is my go-to. So far, it’s working for me.
I love lists. To-do lists, grocery lists, pro-con lists, dream lists, Christmas lists; I LOVE EM ALL! Below is a list of what I learned this semester:
- Sometimes you can’t do it all. Do what you can and do it well.
- TREAT YO SELF. Sometimes after a day when you feel like nothing is going right, you just gotta eat some chocolate and love yourself.
- My roommate, Rachel Morgan, is the strongest person I know.
- Tell people you love them any chance you get.
- Call your parents.
- Unplug every once in a while. You’re probably—scratch that— most definitely, not missing out on much.
- At least once a week, laugh until your stomach hurts.
- Surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself.
- God for sure knows what He’s doing. I think we forget that sometimes.
- Smile at people.
- GET SLEEP.
- When it’s nice out, take the long way back to your dorm/apartment/house and just take in this beautiful world we live in.
- Find what YOU love (nursing, teaching, ministry, business, communication, psychology, writing, etc.) and study it!
- The future is rapidly approaching, but that doesn’t mean you have to run to meet it in the middle. Be present.
- Evan VanCuren, you are my moment of quiet in the midst of chaos.
- Take a break from studying and paint your nails a wacky color.
- Wear clothes that you feel confident in.
- Eat more fries.
- Broccoli is good. Give it chance.
- Take time to “just be”
- It’s all going to be okay.
That’s all for now. I have many more years to learn many more things. I’m looking forward to all of it. What did YOU learn this year/semester? Tell me about it— BELOW!